Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Color Club Blue-ming Swatch & Comparison

Hi guys! Today I'm wearing Color Club's Blue-Ming from their 2012 Spring Blossoming collection.

Blue-Ming is a gorgous and suprisingly unique turquoise creme.
The formula wasn't bad per se` but not great either. Thin coats left the polish streaky, but it was hard to get enough polish on the small, thin brush to make it apply evenly. This swatch is two thick coats.

I don't really understand why this polish is called Blue-ming because it really leans on the green side of turquoise, but absolutely gorgeous colour. I also added a silver rhinestone at the cuticle - cause I could lol

I then decided to do a quick comparison with a few comon and popular turquoise cremes.
As you can see, no dupes here!

L-R: ORLY Frisky, China Glaze For Audrey, Color Club Blue-ming, Essie Turquoise & Caicos, China Glaze Aquadellic

1 comment:

  1. I had a horrible time with Blue Ming formula wise as well as with Factory Girl. Not only was the polish streaky (which I can work with) it separated and bubbled on the nail which is unacceptable. Especially considering I pay about $6 for the bottle and you can get Sally Hansen Insta-Dry polishes for less and they go opaque in one coat. I had been waiting for this polish for so long and it pains me that the formula was so horrible. I read on two other blogs that they also had separation and pulling. Love your blog though and the comparisons :-). On another blog they said the closest dupe is Re-freshmint by China Glaze.

    ReplyDelete