Thursday, February 02, 2012

Valentines Ruffian! Kayla Shevonne Re-creation

Hi guys, so it's rainy and pouring today and I am so not happy about it. Not only did I get soaked walking from my car to work (at 6.30 in the morning), it took me ages to get a half decent photo of this manicure. It was so overcast and horrible today my nails were barely noticable in most of my photos. 

Anyway, I got this idea from Kayla Shevonne She is an awesome blogger with GORGEOUS nails. I really like the ruffian style but it's quite difficult to get perfect.

Anyway I started with a black creme by LA Colors and then painted my ruffian with Tall Poppy by Models Prefer (Australian Brand) I then used Sally Hansen White On to free hand the hearts as an accent nail. I really like this manicure but it was a lot of work for me. The cleanup was also not nice, as I absolutely hate working with black and red as they leave my cuticles looking dirty or irritated. Anyway, as I said I really liked it (I even got a compliment from the lady at my local post office). If you have tried the ruffian are there any tips for easier application?

No comments:

Post a Comment